A laser printer is a special device that allows you to quickly and efficiently print text or a variety of graphic elements on paper. Such a device users install in office space, in homes and in a variety of enterprises. Excellent value for money product make it truly accessible. It is easy to use it, any owner of a personal computer can easily deal with the standard mechanism.
The principle of operation of the laser printer
At the heart of the work is a special magnetized area on which a certain picture or text should be displayed. The work share is performed by a substance called toner (this is a printed powder transferred to a special drum unit). Thus, in a few moments, the image formed on the photodrum will be visible on paper. Warm rays affect the target area, the final result on the sheet can be obtained as a result of cooling and solidification of the powder.
Good to know! There are two common types of laser printer. The user can purchase an ordinary printer or multifunctional device in a store that allows you to quickly make copies, and also scan and print documents. In addition, the price of fixtures may depend on the ability to perform color printing.
Men and women who have previously installed a laser printer, highlight the following main advantages:
- The main material for printing is powder, not ink. Thus, the device can continue to work normally even after prolonged downtime. Users just need to perform a couple of simple manipulations with the cartridge (namely, remove it and shake it a bit, distributing the toner).
- The ideal ratio of price and quality of the product.
- Efficiency. Printing documents using a laser printer is cheaper than using inkjet counterparts.
- Easy to maintain. You do not have to constantly change printer components.
- Large capacity cartridge, which is easily enough for about 1,500 sheets of paper.
- The device is really connected not only to a specific computer, but even to a local network.
- Low cost of operation and low cost per printed page of text.
- The process of cleaning components and components is not very difficult.
- Excellent print quality documents.
- During operation, the printer does not make very noisy sounds.
- The printed text perfectly stores the form and does not spread across the sheet.
Note! And also one of the indisputable advantages of a laser printer is high print speed (remember that this parameter also depends on the specific model of the device). Thus, users quickly and efficiently print large volumes of documents.
If you decide to purchase this device, then you should be aware of some of its shortcomings. Among the minuses should be highlighted:
- The high price of a laser printer. For such devices you have to pay a little more than for their string counterparts.
- The high cost of maintenance in the event of a failure of one of the components of the device. Repair is quite expensive.
- Users will not be able to install a very convenient system that allows ink to be continuously supplied.
- Color print quality may suffer a little.
- Laser printers consume a lot of energy, because during servicing some components heat up to very high levels.
- Devices take up a lot of space.
For reference! A laser printer is not very suitable for printing on photo paper, as this material will simply melt. Although users can still try to perform standard actions, but the quality of the finished image is likely to be inferior to photos taken using alternative methods. For photo printing, only some models of devices on the market are well suited.
This device has a lot of advantages. If users need a device that can print any text or image on paper in minutes, then buying a laser printer would be an ideal way to solve this problem. High quality, excellent speed of work, and also profitability are the main advantages of the device. If you need large quantities of text documents, then the laser printer will become a reliable and high-quality assistant.