Work with electrical appliances has always been considered a difficult task. Usually, it is only people who have enough experience or have studied it in schools. We are used to buying equipment in specialized stores, so few people think about the independent production of various types of devices. Of course, you can repair something yourself, but for making home appliances, you need skill.
If you have the necessary equipment and materials, experience in this field and the desire to design something and save the family budget, you can try to find interesting ideas on the Internet. There you will find many interesting ideas and tips on how to make appliances better.
In our article we will consider one of the studio devices, which can be used for personal use. It will be about microphones and how to create them yourself at home. We will consider all the pros and cons of this method.
IMPORTANT: Working with electronics and electrical appliances carries risks and potential health hazards. We recommend to refrain from work if you are not confident in your skills and skills in the field of electrical appliances.
Man is able to create almost anything he wants, nature has awarded him with inimitable intelligence and the ability to fantasize. A microphone for a computer is by no means the most complex device possible for mankind. But it is worth considering the level of your abilities and skills. It is from them that the final result of the whole work will depend.
If you are seriously thinking about creating a unique microphone, it is worthwhile to ensure in advance the workflow with all the necessary tools and materials. To do this, you need to purchase:
- To create an electret microphone, you need a special capsule that can be pulled out of the radio or used in the market. That he will be the main element in creating a home microphone.
- Special adapter for connection with 3.5 mm jack jack. You can use the wire from old headphones with the appropriate cable.
- For the main body any material of a cylindrical shape is quite enough: tubes from a syringe, cans, tubes ...
- The required amount of wire. Choose the length according to the distance from the sound transmitter. The best will be the use of a length of 1-2 meters.
- Foam or fur coating to protect the body from wind and moisture.
This is quite enough to create a self-made version of the device. No expensive items, only the most necessary for normal functioning. This method will help you save money, because good equipment in stores is very expensive, and cheap models usually have poor parameters and characteristics of the resulting sound.
IMPORTANT: The appearance of the microphone will be unusual and will be different from the store options. If desired, you can purchase additional parts for the case or search for old idle devices and take parts from them.
After you have prepared everything for manufacturing, you can proceed to the most difficult stage of work. Be especially careful when performing a sequence of manipulations with electronics. All items for convenience are described in detail in the instructions below:
- Prepare the microphone body. Round off the previously prepared cylindrical billet and cut it from the ends, leaving the edges open.
- Thread the wire inside the cylinder and fix it inside, tying one end in a knot.
- Now solder the cap with the end of the wire that is placed inside the cylinder, and secure it with a clerical clip or paper clip. Braid caps should be connected to a shielded wire.
- Solder the other end of the wire to the 3.5 mm jack plug. In this case, you should connect both channels of transmission of sound vibrations and their transmission to the transmitter.
- Foam covering is perfect for the top, cut it to the appropriate size and shape and attach to the top.
- After that, connect the device and check its operation by saying a few phrases into the microphone. With proper wire connection, the sound should be transmitted to the primer and amplify.
IMPORTANT: If there is no result, the problem may be in the areas of adhesions. Try to disassemble everything and re-solder the wires to the primer and plug.
The exact life for improvised things, unlike purchased ones, is difficult to determine and say. You will not have a warranty for this product, so you will repair it yourself and extend it. Depending on a number of factors, the term of use will also vary. Among the main parameters affecting the duration of operation are the following:
- The quality of materials used at work.
- Wire security and ability to withstand heavy loads.
- Mode of operation, depending on the required performance technology and the supplied voltage.
- Accuracy of use and timely troubleshooting.
Try to change the characteristics and use different materials to compare and select the best option.