A person spends a third of his life in a dream. Therefore, it is so important to choose the right berth so that sleep is a pleasure and does not go to the detriment of health. Having correlated the questions of price and qualities of an ottoman and a classic bed, everyone can choose the best option for himself. And this article will help you.
Which will last longer, ottoman or bed
It is difficult to give an exhaustive answer to this question. The life of any product will depend on:
- Quality materials. Naturally, the more expensive the unit, the better it is. And the higher its quality, the longer it will last.
- Product functionality. Nowadays, there are many models of both beds and ottomans on the market. Naturally, various lifting and sliding mechanisms during long-term operation fail faster.
- Careful use. With timely care of the product, it will last quite a long time. It is very important to pay due attention to careful operation and quality care.
What is more profitable to buy
It is important to consider the material of the product and its functional content. But if you compare the bed and the couch that are approximately identical in characteristics, then the second option will be cheaper. After all, a built-in mattress comes with it, and you have to buy it to the bed.
So when choosing a bed you need to compare specific suitable models.
What is better for the nursery
Since a children's room means a room in which the child will not only sleep, but also spend time studying and playing, it is important to evaluate the hygienic and functional aspects of choosing a bed. Ottoman in this case will be more convenient. And that's why:
- She is usually below the bed. It will be easier for the child to climb on it. And you will be calm that the child in a dream does not fall from a height.
- As a rule, children's rooms are small and equipped with a lot of furniture and toys. Each free square meter will be gladly used by children for games. Saving space in a child’s room is very important. A compact ottoman is a great option.
- Many models are equipped with storage boxes. In the ottoman, you can fold bedding, clothes or toys, which will also save a lot of space.
- You can put bedding in a storage box, and on a folded ottoman, the child can lie and play even with friends. Given the activity of children, the usual bedspread on the bed will quickly clump together. Naturally, the games continue on the child’s bedding, which is completely unacceptable.
The big problem in sleeping places of children, especially small ones, is that due to their physiology and activity, unpleasant spots often appear on mattresses. This problem has been resolved: there are models of ottomans that allow you to turn over or completely change the mattress after a certain time of use.
Which is better for a bedroom, ottoman or bed
A bed for your bedroom is suitable in the following cases:
- Large space to be used only for sleep. The bed will harmoniously fit into the large bedroom, in which there will be no reception of guests.
- If you or your spouse has problems with the spine, it is best to choose a bed. Healthy and proper sleep is a very important component of a happy life. Your body will thank you if your choice is on a bed with an orthopedic mattress.
- A static bed without lifting or sliding moving mechanisms will last for decades. You can buy, deliver, and forget about maintenance and lubrication.
An ottoman is an excellent solution if:
- The bedroom is combined with the living room. They put together a sleeping place, and in the same room you can meet guests, using it as a place to sit.
- Space saving. When folded, it takes up little space. And in storage boxes you can put a large number of things.
- If you are a fan of rearrangements and repairs to move it, swap furniture and the room will look like a completely new room.
Paying attention to the above factors, you can choose the appropriate option.