Modern computers are created according to advanced developments using high-tech devices in production. This allows you to improve the quality of work and adjust the operating modes for a specific user.
Even the elimination of various malfunctions can be done using the usual system settings, without resorting to disassembling the equipment. Many functions and capabilities of the equipment have become available in everyday life; they have become an integral part of work at the enterprise, in the office or at home.
However, with prolonged use of the device, various malfunctions and malfunctions in the computer equipment system can occur. In many cases, the user can independently diagnose the system using special programs and applications, as well as troubleshoot.
But there are situations when ordinary manipulations may not be enough, in such a situation, you can try to access the Bios board to check it and configure the operation. However, most owners of personal computers do not know how to correctly find and configure. In our article, we will try to describe a detailed plan and tell you how to restore normal operation.
We will begin to understand everything in order. Before proceeding with this method, make sure that it is not possible to repair the equipment in the usual way without resorting to disassembly. It is also worth reading the instructions, operating instructions and finding additional information on this topic on the Internet.
When deciding to go into the settings, you need to determine the place where this system is located among a huge number of programs that ensure the coordinated operation of all elements of the device. Typically, access to the board can be provided as follows:
- Disconnect the computer or laptop from the power, first disconnect the battery from the connector.
- Then, using a regular screwdriver, unscrew the fixing bolts from the bottom panel.
- Under it, you can find the main components that the laptop is equipped with. Before starting work, it is worth removing the accumulated dust and foreign objects from the structure.
- Among the constituent elements and parts, find a large motherboard, the necessary element will be installed on it.
- Using a screwdriver, hook the housing to disconnect the part from the rest of the components. In some cases, you may need a soldering iron with the function of supplying hot air. There are removable and built-in chip models with a set of software. The access method will vary depending on this.
But usually disassembling the case is not required, the developers thought out a way to regulate the main parameters through the computer program. Therefore, you just need to enter the correct dialog box with information about the status of the Bios, as well as indicating the parameters that can be adjusted.
Important! In different models of technology, the path will be different, it is worth referring to the instructions for this version. If you doubt your capabilities, it would be better to contact a specialized service center.
If you need to make settings, you need to log into the system correctly. This manual will be relevant for both professional users and beginners who are just starting their acquaintance with computer technology. You can get / call BIOS settings quite quickly. You can log in correctly in several ways, here are some of them:
- F2 is the most common option for launching a dialog box with the system. That is, you can turn on the bios quite quickly. This option is used in most modern laptop models.
- The prevalence of Del is not inferior to the first option; using this key, the Bios Setup program opens.
- F1 used by manufacturers of Lenovo equipment manufacturers.
- The Esc key can also perform this function in some versions of the manufacturer Toshiba.
- F10 is most commonly found on Hewlett Packard laptop models.
- Try to double-clamp the following combinations: Fn + F1 or Ctrl + Ins.
- For some rare models, logging in can be difficult. If none of the above keys helped to load Bios, try the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt along with the keys Ins, Del, S, Esc or Enter. You must simultaneously press three buttons at once to activate.
Choose one of the methods described above and go to the main window with the system settings to further change the operating parameters. The launch option may differ for laptops, try pressing all the hot keys one by one if you do not know their purpose. For convenience during further operation, you can write out on a separate sheet the purpose of various key combinations, so that you can use them if necessary.
Important! Enter the parameters allow specially designed hot keys.
For different models and manufacturers, the set of these combinations will differ significantly, so you should check with a consultant in advance or consult with friends who use a similar version of the equipment.
After you open the system, you can begin to adjust the basic parameters of the laptop. You can find the basic information on the screen with the displayed items for setting. Among the main parameters you can find the following options:
- Priority PC boot settings through a specific device. If desired, the user can independently select the main device to start the system.
- Displaying graphic images on the monitor with the ability to select priority quality and display settings.
- Calibration and adjustment of the battery. You can adjust the battery life and the time required to fully charge the equipment.
- The content of the basic information about the equipment used, here you can see all the necessary data.
- Adjustment and ensuring the full operation of the security system, calibration of various options for the passwords used.
Select the desired item, after that the program will send you to the appropriate section where you can choose the best parameters for quick and comfortable work with the device.
After the end of the settings session, you need to correctly log out of the system. To do this, just do the following:
- To exit without saving the changed parameters, it will be enough to press the Esc button or the corresponding item in the main tab.
- To save changes, you need to use the F10 key, opening the main page with the parameters.
So you will ensure a safe exit from the Bios settings, while all the changes made will be saved.
Working with computer equipment requires special knowledge and basic skills in this area, therefore, to provide quality assistance, it is recommended that you contact a professional or a service center where you can conduct comprehensive diagnostics and resolve problems. If you decide to perform a self-troubleshooting, it will be useful to use some tips:
- Look carefully at the screen when the system boots. Usually, when you turn on the laptop, the main hot keys and their purpose are displayed. Among them, you can find the specified keys for entering the Bios.
- You can log in only at the moment of direct power-on or after a properly performed reboot. If you miss a moment, wait until the download is complete and restart the system again.
- In order not to miss the moment, it is better to press the Bios launch key several times in a row at the time the download starts.
- Do not disassemble the outer case, entrust it to professionals.
- Save your warranty card for free hardware diagnostics and repairs. At the same time, do not repair the equipment yourself, and do not replace the components.
Try to use the equipment yourself, not to give it to third parties. This will prevent the possibility of structural damage and damage to the virus programs of the device. The technology must remain one user who knows all the features of the functioning and capabilities of the equipment.